World of Illumination is a leader in drive-through light shows. We're seeking motivated individuals with entertainment and technical experience to join our team as Technicians. You'll start on our installation team and transition to a Show Technician role during the operational season.
Our top priority is creating a memorable guest experience, and we're on a mission to shine our guests' brightest light from within. As a Show Technician, you'll manage the technical aspects of our Drive-Through Holiday Light Show with Low Voltage RGB lighting to ensure our guests enjoy a truly enchanting experience.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Takes ownership and pride in their work
- Can be self-sufficient
- Prolific problem solvers
- Embraces a challenge & does their best to find a solution
- Is adaptable
- Is an effective & consistent communicator
- Enjoys hands-on work
- Follows all company safety and quality requirements
- Work cooperatively with other employees and supervisors
- Has open availability from October - end of December
- Available to work weekends, evenings and holidays
- Is highly reliable & has consistent attendance
- Experience with boom lifts, counterbalance forklifts and tele-handler forkliftsExperience in carpentry, electrical and rigging labor
- Experience working in live entertainment environment
- Experience with aerial & forklift equipment
- Is a quick learner
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision & mentorship of the Park Foreman, assist with the installation of a park. This can include, but not limited to: building a variety of structures, rigging , power & data distribution, unloading trucks, troubleshooting, and more.
- Gain the necessary knowledge from the installation phase in order to acquire the necessary skills to become a top quality show technician.
- Before park opens: (1)Fix any issues from the night before (2)Ride through the show to ensure top show quality (3)Communication with the Event Manager and call for “show ready” (4) Turn the show on & off using our show computer
- Adhere to any park opening & closing procedures
- Be in constant communication with the Event Manager to ensure the show’s quality is maintained through-out the duration of the show.
- While the show is in progress, conduct quality control checks on all park zones.
- Remain available throughout the entire duration of the show.
- Follow all safety protocols outlined in the Event Operations Plan.
- Along with the Event Manager & Assistant Event Manager, be a leader on site by knowing the various park position
- Be knowledgeable of the park’s traffic control plan - know ingress and egress points.
- Assist Event Manager or Assistant Manage with: Traffic control set up, Park set up, Traffic control within the show or in the queue lanes, Any other park duties as they arise
- Fill out the nightly Park Tech report
WORK DETAILS & ENVIRONMENT
- Weekly Pay
- Reports to the Park Foreman during the installation portion and to the Event Manager during the show season
- Must be able to work in an outdoor environment which includes cold & hot weather and rain.
- Use a variety of power tools, keeping track of the tools that were checked out and returning them to the appropriate tool room.
- Must be able to pass a background check
We are all about leading the pack, producing innovative and unforgettable experiences with light and sound experiences. Founded in 2016, World of Illumination is an ever-expanding group of individuals committed to creating the most energizing, awe-inspiring, immersive experiences. From start to finish, we make enlightening transformations in collaborative entertainment.